Tuesday, May 12, 2015
A Center of Math Milestone
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
The Center of Math has surpassed 25,000 followers on Twitter!
As a small textbook publisher, social media means everything to our company. We use Twitter (as well as Facebook, Youtube, Google+, Instagram...) to get our name out there. We put ourselves out there with around two posts per day to create brand awareness, and to get our videos, textbooks, and math resources within reach of students all over the world. Reaching 25K followers is a huge milestone on our path to becoming the go-to mathematics resource on the internet.
Here are some fun facts about our Twitter account:
1. We've got a pretty stellar followers:tweets ratio. At the time that we wrote this post, we had precisely 7,336 tweets and 25,179 followers. That means that our fanbase has grown by about 3.4 people per tweet.
2. We've got more followers than several big-time publishers. We're looking at you, Houghton-Mifflin. At the time we wrote this, they had fewer than 8,000 followers (and a followers:tweets ratio of 1.5). McGraw-Hill is faring only slightly better than the previous, with 21,000 followers and a followers:tweets ratio of 1.8.
3. Our top Tweet with media of May so far was a really corny math joke. In fact, our followers seem to really like silly math jokes. So we'll keep compiling those for you on our page! We'll also continue on compiling math news from around the web, linking you to the blog for Problems of the Week, and updating you on new math tutorial videos that we produce for the Center of Math YouTube channel.
4. Over the last four weeks, we've earned about 25 favorites per day. We're always looking to bring this number up so that we can continue to engage our community! Ideally, we want every one of our followers to stop and think about something we've tweeted.
5. Years ago, we made it onto a list of the best 50 Twitter Feeds for math nerds. Check out that article right here. That was 4 years ago, and we had only been a part of Twitter for a little less than 2 years. We think that if such a list were compiled again, we'd be all the way at the top.
Thanks again to all of our followers. 25K is a huge milestone, and we're happy that you've joined the Center of Math community.