DO the math, DON'T overpay. We make high quality, low-cost math resources a reality.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Problem of the Week

Another Monday, another Problem of the Week. This problem was found on this website and while it's not mathematically complex, it involves a new layer of decoding that we haven't featured in a while. I thought it was particularly fitting because of the Alan Turing movie that is up for a few Oscars! So our problem of the week lies below:
Click to enlargen!
Once again, I've written up my solution to the problem. The image came out blue- I'm not quite sure why. Before you scroll down to see my answer, here's a hint: "Crispin" Bacon (or, you know, Francis Bacon) was particularly interested in cipher systems.


Here's the way  I worked it out:
Click to enlargen!
As you can see, it was a binary cipher hiding the message; it had nothing to do with the math within the limerick. It's a little bit silly, but a good brain teaser to start up the week. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's weekend! If you missed our holiday special, check it out here:
-Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment